About the Canadian Nursing Informatics Association
To be the voice for Nursing Informatics in Canada. The CNIA is the culmination of efforts to catalyze the emergence of a new national association of nurse informaticians.
- To provide nursing leadership for the development of Nursing/Health informatics in Canada.
- To establish national networking opportunities for nurse informaticians.
- To facilitate informatics educational opportunities for all nurses in Canada.
- To engage in international nursing informatics initiatives.
- To act as a nursing advisory group in matters of nursing and health informatics.
- To expand awareness of Nursing Informatics to all nurses and the healthcare community.
The CNIA is for any one interested in nursing informatics!
This may include individuals:
- Interested or working in nursing informatics
- Working with clinical information systems, nursing workload systems, etc
- Responsible for managing or leading projects related to health/nursing informatics
- Interested in networking with other individuals in nursing informatics
- Teaching nursing informatics
- Interested in developing standards for nursing informatics
- Interested in better understanding nursing informatics
Representation on Projects/Organizations