The Canadian Nursing Informatics community and the Canadian Nurses Foundation are partnering to establish the NEW Dr. Kathryn J Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship. Kathryn is a true leader in health informatics and innovation, supporting professional nursing practice and health outcomes for [ … ]» Read More
As part of its leadership role in Canada, the Canadian Nursing Informatics Association (CNIA) is pleased to launch a formal endorsement process. This process is intended to communicate support for specific organizations, processes, or tools which advance Nursing Informatics as a specialty practice of nursing – or the nursing profession more broadly through the application of NI. The endorsement, however, shall not convey, either explicitly or implicitly, any form of financial or other in kind support.
- Topic must have some relevance to the health or nursing informatics community.
- Topic must be of interest to a national audience
- Topic must be relevant to professional nursing practice:
- Clinical practice in Canada
- Nursing leadership in Canada or internationally
- Professional practice and legal issues
- Nursing Data Management
- Patient advocacy
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Education recommendation/rationale regarding future implementations.
- Candidate topic can be identified for CNIA Endorsement by any CNIA member.
- Requests for CNIA Endorsement can be submitted via the CNIA web site. A dedicated access point will be identified to support this.
- Requests for endorsement may be submitted by any member in good standing.
- Requests will be reviewed by the President-Elect and circulated to the Board on a monthly basis
- Recommendations will be made by the Board and if approved posted to the Website for a member review period of 14 days.
- Following the review period, the decision shall be announced to CNIA membership, and the endorsement shall be posted to the CNIA website. A formal letter of endorsement shall also be issued to the relevant sponsoring body.
Endorsements can be submitted through the website but they would be directed to the President Elect for review, consideration by the Exec Board and membership before finalization of the endorsement.
The Canadian Nursing Informatics Association is pleased to announce the unanimous Board decision to recommend the inaugural CNIA Endorsement be awarded to the C-HOBIC Project as a model for documenting standardized clinical outcomes reflective of nursing practice in Canada. [ … ]» Read More
National Institute on Nursing Informatics The Canadian Nursing Informatics Association is pleased to announce the unanimous Board decision to recommend the newest CNIA Endorsement be awarded to the National Institute on Nursing Informatics educational initiatives in Canada. The National [ … ]» Read More